The only time you should get this close
Head outside today from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. to experience some of YYC’s airfield equipment for yourself!
Equipment on display at the Show & Shine will include a YYC fire truck, Aero Mag de-ice equipment, as well as snow removal equipment. Our Airfield Equipment Operators (AEOs) will also be available to answer all your questions about safe equipment operation on the apron.
Transportation from gate 51 to gates 61-65 will be available every 10-15 minutes for those coming from the main terminal building. Parking will be available at gate 61 for qualified D/DA-AVOP holders. Please only use the above transportation methods to attend the event.
Other upcoming CASW events this week
- Thursday, Sept. 15 – Aviation Security BBQ | 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Location: ACC Main Entrance
- Thursday, Sept. 15 – Threat Risk Assessment Training | 2:00 pm
- Location: Silver Dart Training Room
- Please contact Justin Sangster at email@example.com if you would like to attend.
- Thursday, Sept. 15 – Foreign Object Debris (FOD) Walk | 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Location: Meet at Apron I Concourse A Smoke Shack
- Sept. 16 – Foreign Object Debris (FOD) Walk | 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Location: Meet at Apron I beside the main terminal building. Across from Gate 51
Canadian Airports Council (CAC) Virtual Events
In addition to YYC’s in-person events, the Canadian Airports Council (CAC) will be hosting educatoinal webinars by leading experts in aviation safety throughout the week, click the links below to access each day’s webinars:
- Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 1 pm EST: Site Wide Safety Presentation – Chelsey Bigelow, Manager, Health, Safety Environment Air Canada
- Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 11 am EST: New Airport Construction Process – Christopher Bowden, Director of Aeronautical Information Management (AIM), NAV Canada
- Thursday, Sept. 15 at 1 pm EST: Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems – Alexandra Officer, National Manager, RPAS Solutions and Operations, NAV CANADA