COVID-19 Update: November 16
- New measures for Alberta starting today
- Online portal for automated texting of close contacts
Premier Jason Kenney and Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, announced some targeted measures for all areas of Alberta in the ‘Enhanced Status.’ This includes Calgary and Edmonton. For details and areas in ‘Enhanced Status’, click here: Targeted public health measures | Alberta.ca
Targeted measures in all areas in enhanced status starting Nov. 13 which include Calgary and Edmonton:
- No social gatherings inside your home or outside of your community. Do not have anyone who doesn’t live with you over.
- 15-person limit on family & social gatherings. Exception: private social gatherings with household members only.
- Limit of 3 cohorts: your core household, your school and one other sport or social cohort. Young children who attend child-care can be part of 4 cohorts.
- Mask use encouraged in all indoor workplaces.
- Employers in office settings to reduce employees in the workplace at one time.
- From Nov. 13 – Nov. 27:
- Restaurants, bars, pubs to stop liquor sales by 10 p.m. and to close by 11 p.m.
- Ban on indoor group fitness classes and team sports
- Ban on group singing, dancing and performing activities
- 50-person limit on wedding and funeral services (indoor & outdoor)
Online portal for automated texting of close contacts:
- AHS has launched an online portal for automated texting of close contacts. Confirmed cases can use the site to enter info of known close contacts. Once info is reviewed by the contact tracing team with the confirmed case, the tool delivers a text to close contacts and informs them of the exposure and to isolate. The name of the positive case is not disclosed. For more information, visit the Alberta Health Services website
Again, if you have any questions regarding COVID visit the Alberta Health Services website or call HealthLink 811.
For any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org